Beginning with big data simplified
Beginning with big data simplified.Big Data is a collection of datasets containing massive amount of data in the range of zettabytes and yottabytes. Organizations are facing difficulties in manipulating and managing this massive data as existing traditional database and software techniques are unable to process and analyze voluminous data. Dealing with Big Data requires new tools and techniques that can extract valuable information using some analytic process. Volume, Variety, Velocity, Value, Veracity, Variability and Complexity are attributes associated with Big Data in various works in the literature.
In this paper, we briefly describe these existing attributes and also propose to add Viability, Cost and Consistency as new attributes to this set. This paper also discusses existing tools and techniques associated with Big Data. Fleet management is an evolving application of GPS data. It is taken as a case study in this work to illustrate various attributes of Big Data. This paper also presents the implementation of a sorting problem by varying Hadoop cluster sizes for the GPS data.
Similar IEEE Project Titles
- A Big Data Financial Information Management Architecture for Global Banking.
- Toward Scalable Systems for Big Data Analytics: A Technology Tutorial.
- Big data implementation and visualization.
- A contention aware hybrid evaluator for schedulers of big data applications in computer clusters.
- Prominence of MapReduce in Big Data Processing.