Biomedical Big Data for Clinical Research and Patient Care: Role of Semantic Computing.
Biomedical Big Data for Clinical Research and Patient Care: Role of Semantic Computing.Healthcare datasets are increasingly characterized by large volume, high rate of generation and need for real time analysis (velocity), and variety. These datasets are often termed biomedical big data and include multi-modal electrophysiological signals and electronic health records.
In this talk, we focus on the computational challenges associated with signal data management and the role of semantic computing in addressing these challenges. We describe a cloud computing platform called Cloud wave that has been developed to effectively manage electrophysiological big data for epilepsy clinical research and patient care.
Similar IEEE Project Titles
- Will They Blend?: Exploring Big Data Computation Atop Traditional HPC NAS Storage.
- TideWatch: Fingerprinting the cyclicality of big data workloads.
- Spatial big data and wireless networks: experiences, applications, and research challenges.
- Pythia: Faster Big Data in Motion through Predictive Software-Defined Network Optimization at Runtime.
- Big data technologies in support of real time capturing and understanding of electric vehicle customers dynamics.