Bootstrapping K-means for big data analysis.
Bootstrapping K-means for big data analysis.In recent years, “Big data” has become a popular word in industrial field. Distributed data processing middleware such as Hadoop makes companies to be able to extract useful information from their big data. However, information retrieval from newly available big data is difficult even with the aid of distributed data processing because the task needs many cycles of hypothesis establishment and test due to lack of prior knowledge about the data.
K-means algorithm is one of popular algorithms which can be used in earlier stages of data mining because of the algorithm’s speed and unsupervised characteristics. However, with big data, even k-means algorithm is not fast enough to get a desired result in an expected time period. In the paper, we propose a fast k-means method based on statistical bootstrapping technique. Our proposed method achieves roughly 100 times speedup and similar accuracy compared to Lloyd algorithm which is the most popular k-means algorithm in industrial field.
Similar IEEE Project Titles
- Big Data as an e-Health Service.
- Transforming Big Data into Smart Data: Deriving value via harnessing Volume, Variety, and Velocity using semantic techniques and technologies.
- Big data processing framework of road traffic collision using distributed CEP.
- In unity there is strength: Showcasing a unified big data platform Over both object and file storage with mapreduce ideas.
- Design of handover self-optimization using big data analytics.