A cloud computing framework for cascading failure simulation and analysis of large-scale transmission systems
A cloud computing framework for cascading failure simulation and analysis of large-scale transmission systems.In practical industry applications, computing complexity is frequently the primary concern of transmission system cascading failure simulation (CFS), because of high-order contingency combinations and probabilistic time-sequenced events caused by the impacts of uncertainty. In this paper, a cloud computing framework based on Hadoop/MapReduce integrated with BPA software is presented for performing high-efficiency parallel CFS and analysis.
The most significant functions for CFS, including automatic action logic identification, pre-defined fault set scanning, fault chain searching, and system severity evaluation, were also carefully designed to contribute to the analysis procedure as precisely as possible for both quasi-steady and dynamic analyses. The complete architecture is implemented using Java. Two benchmark cases and one real transmission system numeric test verifies the feasibility of the proposed technology.
Similar IEEE Project Titles
- Toward Scalable Systems for Big Data Analytics: A Technology Tutorial.
- Big data implementation and visualization.
- A contention aware hybrid evaluator for schedulers of big data applications in computer clusters.
- Prominence of MapReduce in Big Data Processing.
- Increasing the accessibility to Big Data systems via a common services API.