Distributed Implementation of Latent Rating Pattern Sharing Based Cross-domain Recommender System Approach
Distributed Implementation of Latent Rating Pattern Sharing Based Cross-domain Recommender System Approach.Latent rating pattern sharing based approaches for cross–domain recommendations can alleviate the data sparsity problem by pulling the knowledge available from other domains and are faster in prediction. However, since the prediction quality depends on number of chosen user and item classes for given data-set, the model training time becomes prohibitively large even for medium size data-sets.
In this paper, we propose a MapReduce based distributed implementation of the cross domainrecommendation algorithm. Our implementation has the capability to run on modern distributedcomputing frameworks, such as Hadoop and Twister, that utilize commodity machines. The experimental results show that the training time increases only linearly with user and item classes when compared to the exponential increase in case of its sequential counterpart.
Similar IEEE Project Titles
- Metadata extraction and correction for large-scale traffic surveillance videos
- Spark-based anomaly detection over multi-source VMware performance data in real-time
- CloudGenius: A Hybrid Decision SupportMethod for Automating the Migration of WebApplication Clusters to Public
- CloudsOmni-Kernel: An Operating System Architecture for Pervasive Monitoring and Scheduling
- Analysing Hadoop performance in a multi-user IaaS Cloud