Experiments with computing similarity coefficient over big data.
Experiments with computing similarity coefficient over big data. Big data is a hot topic nowadays due to the huge amount of data resulted from various commercial processes and also due to every day data handled by social networks. The MapReduce programming model focuses on processing and generating large data sets.
Using the values obtained by computing the Jaccard similarity coefficients for two very large graphs,we have analysed the connections and influences that some nodes have over the other nodes. Furthermore, we have shown how Apache Hadoop framework and MapReduce programming model can be used for high volume computations. All tests were performed on a distributed cluster in order to obtain the results described in the paper.
Similar IEEE Project Titles
- A Google approach for computational intelligence in big data .
- Toward personalized and scalable voice-enabled services powered by big data.
- A standard for benchmarking big data systems .
- Energy-aware Scheduling of MapReduce Jobs for Big Data Applications.
- Power system disaster-mitigating dispatch platform based on big data