Investigating the inclinations of research and practices in Hadoop: A systematic review
Investigating the inclinations of research and practices in Hadoop: A systematic review.Hadoop Technology is commonly being used to manage Big Data projects. The research done in this domain has increased over the past few years. In order to investigate whether Hadoop Technology is the next big thing we have conducted systematic literature review on the usage of Hadoop technology in Big Data projects.
This work outlines the usage of Hadoop technology from year 2010 to 2013 using publications of conference proceedings, journals and magazines of IEEEXplore as primary studies. With the help of search strategy followed, we identified 690 research papers out of which 296 were identified as relevant papers. We observed that 166 studies by different authors were utilizing Hadoop Technology as tool in Big Data projects whereas only 130 studies were purely on Hadoop. This review will assist researchers to understand the present scenario of research in Big Data projects using Hadoop technology.
Similar IEEE Project Titles
- Performance Evaluation of Read and Write Operations in Hadoop Distributed File System
- MIMP: Deadline and Interference Aware Scheduling of Hadoop Virtual Machines
- WOHA: Deadline-Aware Map-Reduce Workflow Scheduling Framework over Hadoop Clusters
- Improving performance of small-file accessing in Hadoop
- Experiments on Networking of Hadoop