A scalable machine learning online service for big data real-time analysis.
A scalable machine learning online service for big data real-time analysis.This work describes a proposal for developing and testing a scalable machine learning architecture able to provide real-time predictions or analytics as a service over domain-independent big data, working on top of the Hadoop ecosystem and providing real-time analytics as a service through a RESTful API. Systems implementing this architecture could provide companies with on-demand tools facilitating the tasks of storing, analyzing, understanding and reacting to their data, either in batch or stream fashion; and could turn into a valuable asset for improving the business performance and be a key market differentiator in this fast pace environment.
In order to validate the proposed architecture, two systems are developed, each one providing classical machine-learning services in different domains: the first one involves a recommender system for web advertising, while the second consists in a prediction system which learns from gamers’ behavior and tries to predict future events such as purchases or churning. An evaluation is carried out on these systems, and results show how both services are able to provide fast responses even when a number of concurrent requests are made, and in the particular case of the second system, results clearly prove that computed predictions significantly outperform those obtained if random guess was used.
Similar IEEE Project Titles
- Scalable big data computing for the personalization of machine learned models and its application to automatic speech recognition service.
- Addressing human bottlenecks in big data.
- Accelerating Spark with RDMA for Big Data Processing: Early Experiences.
- Big data technologies in support of real time capturing and understanding of electric vehicle customers dynamics.
- Simulating Big Data Clusters for System Planning, Evaluation, and Optimization.