A scalable XML indexing method using MapReduce
A scalable XML indexing method using MapReduce.With the advent of the era of big data, cloud computing technology is one of the promising solutions. Many theories and methods, which are originally designed for stand-alone computer, must be re-examined for the applicability in the cloud. For example, most of the XML indexing methods discussed in the literature are suitable for processing small XML files by stand-alone computer.
When they deal with a large XML document, memory shortage problem will be encountered.In this paper, we redesign an XML indexing method, called CIS-X (A Compressed Index Scheme for Efficient Query Evaluation of XML Documents) that is developed by our research group, using MapReduce implemented in Hadoop to handle large XML documents through cloud parallel computing. The proposed cloud-based CIS-X can be applied to any XML file without DTD or schema.
Similar IEEE Project Titles
- Deadline-aware load balancing for MapReduce
- Toward Detecting Compromised MapReduce Workers through Log Analysis
- Bloom filter based optimization on HBase with MapReduce
- PRISM: Fine-Grained Resource-Aware Scheduling for MapReduce
- MRTree: Functional Testing Based on MapReduce’s Execution Behaviour