Translation Memory for a Machine Translation System Using the Hadoop Framework
Translation Memory for a Machine Translation System Using the Hadoop Framework.Machine Translation System (MTS) that uses the Tree Adjoining Grammar (TAG) is considered. To improve the response time of our online MTS, we propose the use of a translation memory (TM). The integrated architecture of MTS with TM is outlined.
Several examples of language dependent TM tools and translation process are given. To further speedup the translation process, we port MTS on a computing cluster that uses the Hadoop framework and carry out distributed execution. The computational experiments demonstrate that substantial speedups could be obtained by using the Hadoop framework.
Similar IEEE Project Titles
- Signature based malware detection for unstructured data in Hadoop
- Adaptive Task Scheduling Strategy Based on Dynamic Workload Adjustment for Heterogeneous Hadoop Clusters
- Performance Characterization of Hadoop and Data MPI Based on Amdahl’s Second Law
- PigOut: Making multiple Hadoop clusters work together
- Application traffic classification in Hadoop distributed computing environment